View Single Post
Old 24th August 2006, 16:05

Jan-Hendrik is on a distinguished road
Re: Books about Luftwaffe and air war by Olaf Gröhler

Boog is primary critisizing this german TV programm :

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/10/0,...185322,00.html

where the Wielun was presented in a sensationalized way with such sentences like "The history of WW2 has to be rewritten" as such stuff . Interestingly those jounarlists contacted Dr.Boog while producing this stuff , he told them clearly where they may find primary sources for the case Wielun , but instead of doing this research they presented Treckners claims as facts . He clearly points out that there are no primary sources backing up the claim of "Terrorbombing" , au contraire , they clearly show that it was a "normal" tactical attack . He was very angry about this "sensationalized" presentation and the stupid employment of Generalisation in this programme .

Then he comes to the allegations against Mölders and Nowotny in German TV , which were not backup with facts anyway , just with plump claims .

In my opinion he is right , because if we research historic events it is our duty to divide claims from facts ! And , as I took a look on the locked discussion regarding the Topic of Wielun and Frampol , I was shocked that those contributors who still claim the allegation of "Terrorbombing" where unable to present any primary sources backing up their claim . Thats more than unprofessional on historic research . If have already seen to many WW2--myths that shattered into pieces as someone did real research on them .

Just my humble 2 cents ,

Jan-Hendrik