View Single Post
Old 26th July 2007, 21:53

Schirmmutze is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Help Identify Aircraft Tail Panel

Ok, here's what I've been told about the history by the seller which I'm having a hard time to believe, not because he's untrusty, only because this is what he was told by someone else! It's not an FW190 panel as verified by a lot of sources, all knowledgable and independant. One is restoring an FW190 right now and the other is the son of a someone who helps restore 109's around the world.
But Jon, I agree, looks authentic doesn't it which is why I'm bugging you all and probably boring the life out of you as well!

"
This is the history on the Fw190 concerned.....
On the night of the 13/14 June 1943 (12.50 am) W/Cdr.John Cunnigham and Flt.Lt.C.F.Rawnsley (one of the RAF's most successful night fighter
crews)
shot down Fw 190A-5 WNr.840047 CO+LT during a night nuisance raid on London.
The aircraft crashed at Nettleford Farm, Borough Green, Kent. The aircraft disintegrated. The pilot Lt.H.Ullrich baled out seriously injured before the crash to become a PoW.
Cunnigham was CO 85 Sqn based at RAF West Malling - flying De Havilland Mosquito XII night fighters.
Ullrich belonged to the 3./SKG 10 (Schnellkampfgeschwader). This unit was based at St.Andre in France at this time. Gruppe Kommandeur was Hptm.Edmund Kraus."