Thread: Cecil Harris
View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2016, 15:08

MikeFink is on a distinguished road
Re: Cecil Harris

Hey Guys,

I'm the author of the Cecil Harris Wiki page. I just saw this thread; I did not know about the assist credit changing in 1943 but it makes the numbers sensible to me, finally. I've made the appropriate changes to the info. box on the page.

Dr. Olynyk, I've seen one document from RG38 but it didn't break out Harris's credits. It's just a Marine Air Group 12 war diary listing the action on 1 April 1943. Do you happen to remember any more information about the documents from that record group? I previously contacted Mr. Tillman and he couldn't recall the specific item he looked at concerning Harris's one credited kill. I'd love to put eyes on these primary sources.

Thank you all for showing interest in Cecil Harris. I volunteer at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum, and I've put a fair amount of time into Harris research. I even have in hand facsimiles of his Medal of Honor recommendation, though he was never ultimately given the award. And Frank, thank you for the wonderful work you've done.

Best,
-Mike