View Single Post
Old 19th December 2020, 19:34

Neil T. is on a distinguished road
Re: 423 Sqn - Hobbs, Lee, Hutchinson, Sheffield, Long, Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by alieneyes1 View Post
Neil,

The number given Hutchinson belonged to P/O John William Fraser, of F/Lt Hopgood's crew/617 Sqn fame.

C2363 F/Lt Melvin Dewey Lee, born La Grande, Oregon 8 December 1914, deceased Vancouver 9 November 1991, commercial pilot post-war.

Attachment was of interest. It seems twins ran in the family as Melvin's wife gave him a set.

J11852 F/O Leslie Richard Hobbs, born London, UK 1 January 1910, deceased Nanaimo, BC 22 August 1976. Report in the Nanaimo Daily News 21 January 1944 has his in-laws receiving a letter from him detailing his injuries "one break in the right arm, three in the left, ankles and toes broken. Doing well"

1320446 Sgt. Richard James Green
1684826 Sgt. Jack Frederick Long

Regards,

Dave
Dave,
Thanks for the additional information on Lee, Hobbs, Green and Long. As a result of your comments on Hutchinson, I rechecked the Form 765, Report on Flying Accident or Forced Landing not Attributable to Enemy Action, and the form lists P/O H. Hutchinson's service no. as J17696. I checked another source I have used in the past and it indicates his service no. is actually J17694. Would you be willing to check your sources and advise if this new number is the correct one for P/O Hutchinson?
Thanks much for your assistance.
Cheers, Neil