View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2019, 18:01
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: Galland mystery – cont'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rof120 View Post
Your victory lists in JFV volume 3 include hundreds of "P-36s, Bloch 150s, Morane 405s - all these are erroneous (in hundreds of instances) - plus "Moranes" and even "Spitfires" instead of D.520s. I am not being mean to you, I like your books, but you see, as far as errors are concerned you're hardly better than Galland

What I have put in bold is a disgraceful thing to say about the most reputable Luftwaffe researcher and author in the world.

What you perhaps don't understand is that authors will replicate the mistaken identity claims made in good faith at the time, and will oftentimes point out the errors. In the Battle of Britain, for example, RAF pilots were claiming Heinkel 113s, and Luftwaffe pilots were claiming Curtiss'. For the Croydon raid on 15th August 1940 RAF combat reports stated attacks on Do 17s when it was in fact Bf 110s.

I think you should start to display a little more understanding, and no veiled insults towards another member.

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!