View Single Post
Old 25th April 2019, 00:23

INM@RLM will become famous soon enoughINM@RLM will become famous soon enough
Re: Der Einsatz deutscher Sturzkampfgruppen gegen Polen,Frankreich und England 1939 und 1940

Larry, A really brilliant find. BIG THANK YOU for digging this out - I lift my hat to you. You were always forgiven and you are definitely redeemed, and, YES, now we do definitely have a conclusive resolution.

Please now also forgive me in turn for pointing out that it is Barly, 80600, Somme - the one further west halfway between Arras and Abbeville - that is "6 km NW of Doullens town center", and not the Barly, 62810, Pas-de Calais that is further east, nearer to Arras and listed as the Barly airfield location in the current edition of your France Airfield list.

So the RAF realised there was a duplicate place name and that they had previously selected the wrong Barly as the site of the Lw Feldflugplatz. The ZG 26 bases for the BoB then were indeed all clustered together nearer the coast. You will I'm sure be updating the airfield listing. These are now an esential reference tool, and little by little will be brought closer to perfection.

In summary:
Barly, 62810, Pas-de Calais is the location currently shown in the airfield listing as 50 15 02 N – 02 32 49 E
Barly, 80600, Somme is what should now be substituted with 50 11 35 - N 02 16 40 E
The difference between the 32 and the 16 in the latitude means the first is about 18 miles further to the east.

Thank you VERY much for your help in resolving this little niggle.