View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2005, 02:29

veltro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Where PC simulation meets serious research...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruy Horta
To my surprise I found that certain a/c profiles in their latest ANR book are actually 3d models from the flight sim series IL2 Sturmovik / Forgotten Battles, by Russian developer Oleg Maddox and published by Ubisoft.
Only a late (but due) precisation: yes, it's true that for our top & bottom plan-views showing camouflage schemes we choose to use images obtained by using the 3D engine of flight sims (I'm a fan of Oleg Maddox sims...), but models from "Il-2" were used only for the Bf 109 series (courtesy of Pierre Alfaro's talent).

The plan-views for the Macchi C.205s were instead obtained from Warbirds3 (another sim I flew for years) - thanks to Roger Carley, AKA Xaero -, as the Macchi has not, to date, been introduced yet into the Russian sim (there's still hope...).

The G.55 instead is a pure 3D creation of the highly talented illustrator Stefano Tartarotti.

I think you can understand that there precisations were necessary and extremely due, especially towards those who were of invaluable help...

Ferdinando D'Amico