View Single Post
Old 12th July 2011, 07:31

jmark
Re: Loss of Ju-52 "NK+MB" 27.01.1942

Thanks for the replies, guys.

It definitely says "100% Bruch".

I'd really like to know to which unit Uffz. Langer belonged. The aircraft codes do not help (NK+MB, NJ+NC, NJ+KP, PF+PW, KC+RV, NI+NK [flew in this particular plane from 21.03.1942 until 16.08.1942), SE+XM, CR+NI, VA+NV, 7V+CF), all of which were Ju-52s.

Langer flew into the Cholm pocket 3 times (2.2.42, twice on 3.2.42) and 144 times into the Demyansk pocket. In late November 1942 he was sent down to Stalingrad but unfortunately this Flugbuch ends on 30.11.1942, just prior to supply flights into the pocket.

I thought his pilot's unusual surname – Rzepka – would help but it's not as uncommon as I hoped. Two DKiG winners, including Fw. Fritz Rzepka from 3./KGr.zbV 9, and three Ehrenpokal holders, two of whom were pilots, including Erich Rzepka, as mentioned by Khorat.

I'm actually wondering whether "my" Uffz. Langer is the one listed in the Ehrenpokal book: Uffz. Karl-Heinz Langer, Bordfunker, Ehrenpokal 26.10.1942. By this date, he had completed 2190 flights, including 182 combat sorties. Was that enough to warrant the Ehrenpokal?

Khorat, do you know any more about the incident in which Fw. Rzepka was killed?

Thanks again for the help
Jason