View Single Post
Old 9th September 2018, 07:02

JonOlsen88 is on a distinguished road
Me 262 B3+AL Question

Hello everybody,

I've started building an Me 262 model, and I'd love to do it of this newly discovered machine! However, I'm wondering whether to put on bomb racks. According to Jean Yves Lorant in an article featured in the FalkEins blog, this is an Me 262 A-2a armed with two cannons. This variant was typically deployed as a fighter bomber.

But From the photo, is it possible to determine whether there are bomb racks? I'm also curious as to how we can know that this is an A-2a. Only one sticker containing armament loading instructions is seen under the cannon bay. A-2a machines often had only one sticker on either side of the canon bay, whereas fighters typically had two on either side, but this practice was not consistently implemented. Could the presence of only one armament loading sticker explain how he arrived at the conclusion that this is an A-2a? It looks like the upper cannon ports might have been faired over, but perhaps its impossible to tell from the photo. He, of course, is an expert and examined the photo up close so he must have seen lots of details.

So, what do you think. Should I put on those bomb racks?

Here's the article. http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/…/new-...o-me-262-b3al…

Best regards,

Jon