View Single Post
Old 6th May 2011, 19:50

Julian is on a distinguished road
The Last Blitz- Operation Steinbock Book

This is the new book out by Ron Mackay , published by Redkite Books Fortunately my wife secured a copy for me which I got this evening. Has anyone else seen this?.....just the feel and smell indicates quality...but enough cosmetics Ive only had a 20 minute glance snuk in before promised household duties. ...arghhhh......(how can I refuse after shes bought me this.) This looks to be a superb book, lavishly illustrated with losses extending into Europe not just UK skies. Stunning images of my favourite aeroplane the Heinkel He 177 and and other classic squiggly patterned camouflage aircraft....Be interested to know what fellow forum users think....Ive written a few book reviews myself but will leave this for someone more qualified on the title subject.....all I would also add that one rarely uses the word "definitive" relating to a book, but surely this is pretty close to that classification. Any other publishers will surely have to pick and really go into refined detailed specifics regarding Steinbock now....for surely the most comprehensive book is now here......can it be bettered.....you tell me!!!! I believe the wife mentioned something about getting it at a discount for the first several hundred issues....I havent checked Redkitebooks website....but if this is so take advantage like she did....cant be bad. Regards Julian