View Single Post
Old 7th May 2011, 11:51

Julian is on a distinguished road
Re: The Last Blitz- Operation Steinbock Book

Hi everyone thanks for your replies. I too have now seen a few errors however they were sampler pages (which I agree should be correct) however these have been available apparently for some while so one assumes they are pre-proof read. Wife at work now, but confirms she obtained via Redkite website......Ha Ha she may think shes machiavellian...but truth is Ive subtely hinted I wanted this book for ages....so perhaps we are both representative of that Italian? Prince personality.
The Amiens book I was initially involved with in a very minor degree, but crikey this is a complicated and entangled topic and due to various new witnesses coming forward has some sections that have required total re drafting on at least 3 occasions. I did go to Amiens and had the pleasure of meeting the last living eye-witness to the Pickard Mossie and FW190 combat....what an honour. I also found pieces of Pickards Mossie at the impact point, and over the last few years and even more recently there have been some stunning metal detector finds from this site. Anyway I digress and hope that you all manage to get the Steinbock book shortly. Amiens book is coming out soon and from what I hear on the grapevine, no one will be disappointed.......question is have my hints been subtle enough from the good lady to know I want that book as well...ha ha all will be revealed....regards to everyone....Julian