View Single Post
Old 12th December 2019, 14:01

vvkj41 is on a distinguished road
Hawker Hurricane, Fury & Hind - The Yugoslav Story 1931-1941

Dear All,

I want to inform you that the book Hawker: Hurricane, Fury and Hind - The Yugoslav Story (Operational Record 1931-1941) is with the printer. I published it myself (Leaden Sky Books). It will be ready for shipment in about two weeks. Will let you know in time.
For completely subjective reasons publication has been delayed for almost two years.

Brian Cull wrote the Foreword and Stig Jarlevik the Review. Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate it very much! Not to mention I am deeply flattered.

I also want to thank, from the bottom of my heart, to all of you who selflessly helped me to write this book. I also take the opportunity to thank those who have delayed publishing to the utmost. This way they have completely solidified in me the intention to publish it no matter what...

The Hawker TYS book followed as a logical sequel to my book Blenheim - The Yugoslav Story (LeadenSky Books, 2014) and the use of British aircraft in the Royal Yugoslav Army Air Force (VVKJ) service.

The book is dedicated to my dear friend Jan van den Heuvel who no longer flies with us…

It is A4 size, hard cover, 196 pages and weighs 0.95kg

It contains more than 50 testimonies, written statements, orders and observations by direct participants from all sides that take part in 1941 April war. It also contains a completely unknown interview with Engineer Kosta Sivčev, who participated in the unprecedented modification of the Hurricane to a Daimler Benz DB601 A engine (LVT-1 Project), describing the entire job in smallest details. Special technical drawing of modified airplane is inside as well.

There is six maps inside, as well as Appendix 10 (Places with Geographical Coordinates) with the exact GPS coordinates of each place (130+) mentioned. With the help of Appendix 11 (Personal Names), you will quickly find some of the (300+) names in the book.

Beautifully selected photographs and documents (254+3). Exactly 50 color profiles and views prepared by my dear friend Aerospace Engineer Dragan Šaler, who evoke in detail the little known VVKJ Hawkers coloring schemes and markings, as well as several unusual and unique modifications made at the Zmaj and Ikarus airplane factories…

I hope you will enjoy reading it!

Here are the contents:

Foreword
by Brian Cull

Review
by Stig Jarlevik

CHAPTER 1: Island Wind
New Age - New Deal

CHAPTER 2: Hawker Fury

CHAPTER 3: Wings of Blood
5. lovački puk (5.Fighter Regiment)
35. vazduhoplovna grupa (35.Aviation Group)
5. vazduhoplovna baza (5.Aviation Base)
36. vazduhoplovna grupa (36.Aviation Group)
3. pilotska škola (3.Pilot School)
War Prizes

CHAPTER 4: Hawker Hind

CHAPTER 5: Into the Fire
11. samostalna grupa za daljno izviđanje (11.Independent Long Range Recce Group)

CHAPTER 6: Hawker Hurricane

CHAPTER 7: Betrayal
52. vazduhoplovna grupa (52.Aviation Group)

CHAPTER 8: Wasted Years
2. MVB
4. lovački puk (4.Fighter Regiment)

CHAPTER 9: David Against Goliath
3. pilotska škola (3.Pilot School)

CHAPTER 10: Full Blooded Crossbreed (DB 601A powered Hurricane Mk.I)

CHAPTER 11: Bearing The Michael’s Cross

CHAPTER 12: Camouflage & Markings
Fury
Hind
Hurricane

Color Profiles
Acknowledgments

Appendix (1-11)
Abbrevations
Selected Archival Funds and Documents
Selected Bibliography
Places with Geographical Coordinates
Personal Names
About the Author

Price will be 42,50 EUR, Air mail postage with parcel tracking code included!

More details and preview can be found at http://www.leadenskybooks.com/
Web site is still under reconstruction but functional…

Aleks Ognjević