View Single Post
Old 10th May 2020, 21:01

SteveR is on a distinguished road
Re: Boeing B-17D/E on Midway June 1942

Looks like an interesting bio of Muri, I'll have to pick it up.

I'm unaware of any books dealing specifically with the USAAF at Midway. In my experience you find a little bit of info in this book, a little bit in that book, etc.

Fortress Against the Sun has info on Midway (such as what I posted) but the main areas of focus of the book are the Philippines and Java at the beginning of the war in the Pacific and Guadalcanal and Rabaul into 1943.

Hickey's Revenge of the Red Raiders (unit history of the 22nd BG) has a very good account of Muri's combat at Midway.

From memory (I don't have this one and it's been many years since I read it) Red Raider Diary has some info on the B-26s at Midway.

I would imagine that Sun Setters of the Southwest Pacific (unit history of the 38th BG) would also have something on the B-26s but the old edition of the book is apparently made of pure unobtainium and I've no idea when the new version might be out.

There's also a unit history of the 11th BG titled Grey Geese Calling but the prices it goes for are beyond my current budget for 1 book.