View Single Post
Old 14th February 2015, 18:02
Alter Hase

Andreas Brekken is on a distinguished road
Re: 2 Bf 109 losses on August 17th, 1944

Hello, Jochen.

I can not find the alleged loss on August 17th in my records, it is of course totally possible that a correction with regards to the loss date have failed to have been corrected in the summary loss records.

I do however have NVMs for the losses of two aircraft of II./JG 5 on August 16th, but none of these have found their way to the Summary loss records under the II./JG 5 heading at least.

But I do believe I have solved the issue - as the original NVM contain a handwritten reference to the reporting date for the loss of Ofhr. Heinz Berthold Jusa as being reported on August 24th - the same date as the unidentified loss on August 17th was supposedly reported.

I thus attribute this to a clerical error - the real date should have been August 16th for this record in the Summary loss records.

Further - the other loss of August 16th - the loss of Uffz. Günther Kortmann seems to be correctly reported as happening on August 16th.

I suppose you have the details with regards to aircraft markings etc?

Regards,
Andreas B