View Single Post
Old 19th October 2018, 10:39
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: In hindsight, who was the top day scorer?

Hi Guys

It is hard to say, personally I count anything officially confirmed, fact or fiction.
But it is becoming clear that the greater the score, the higher percentage of fraudsters appear. From the "200" club.....Rall, Kittel, Bär, Lipfert seem honest, Barkhorn not so bad Rudorffer, Graf, Hartmann, Weissenberger, Ehrler, Nowotny(worst of all) fraudsters, not sure but suspect Batz not honest, suspect Hafner honest. Schuck total certainly only 181 Philipp included unconfirmed in his 206, and suspect dis-honest.
Excluding Marseille most ten or more in a day claimers were not honest.

Temperment wise it's not easy to judge, Graf was a quiet man, Wurmheller an egoist, yet both highlighted faudsters, Marseille was an egoist yet honest. Usually it's guys like Emil Lang who claim huge numbers in a short period of time who told whoppers, usually with other over-claimers i.e Lang/Hoffmann, Nowotny/Loos, Rudorffer/Tangermann.

Usually a fraudster only over-claimed when the opportunity was available i.e partners in crime, usually after a transfer they score very slowly, and come to grief, they are usually also of higher ranking order flying for the staff.

Whatever happens you can be sure that Germany is not going to re-write the history books on this

Regards

Johannes