View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2018, 13:42
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough
Re: Late war Bf 109 pictures source

Dear All,

This note to let you know I have decided to put until further notice on private mode my Flickr page on late war Bf 109's. This move is driven by the necessity of stopping unscrupulous eBay sellers of lifting both photos and captions from my pages and then proposing them for sale at typically 3,99 Euros apiece.

Based on knowledge sharing and collaborative work around a visual archive for all accessible late war 109 images, I always put utmost care of quoting the source, giving the direct link to the orignal site, naming the people behind the images and, in many cases, asking for permission to upload them on my pages.

In order to continue in that spirit and stop any further looting for commercial purposes, I will have to devise a watermark system agreed upon by the orignal copyright owners and implement it progressively for all accessible images. This will be a lengthy process, but ultimately, I'm confident that the public part of this archive will be again online in due time.

Thanks for bearing out in the mean time, and looking forward to have you all back onboard.

Cheers
Marc