View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2018, 15:37
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: German docs in TSAMO

Andrei wrote:
Quote:
Hello all

I have a feeling that f.500 collection have received somewhat unjust treatment in the commentaries above. Judging by what is already on their website this collection contains true gems. For example, lets look at the report which I've attached to this post. According to this document Major Barkhorn claimed 274 victory on 1 November 1944 (contrary to all claim lists known for me) and that Ltn. Peter Düttmann made five claims on this date, reaching the total of 123, (contrary to four victories mentioned in Tony Wood lists). Also please not that the daily total of victories mentioned in document is higher then the number of victories which could be found in Tony Wood's list. So yes, previously unknown claims. Beside that, it provides a date for some of Obstlt. Rudel's claims.

Also some folders which are already online contain unique information regarding Lfl. 1 activity in Courland

Anyway, it would take me several hundred years of lifetime to study all LW documents that are already available or known to exist. So I've already accepted, that I could not learn all by default, whether all LW documents will eventually be found or not. Of course, unless Idun would give me golden apple!
- Do you mean all surviving Lw. documents worldwide or just those in Russia?

- I tried the website wwiigermandocsinrussia.org but I could not access in. You described this as "their website" and "true gems" can be found listed there. How can we access this website and these listings? I normally use:
http://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/d.../1-bestand-500
to get to the f.500 material but there is no way to go from there to the listings you spoke of. What am I doing wrong? I suspect the Lw. "gems" you referred to are in a Fond different from the now familiar f.500?

Any help with these questions would be most appreciated, Andrei.

L.