View Single Post
Old 1st April 2005, 11:57
Hawk-Eye

Coincidence

Yes when my last posting was finished I was surprised to find your reply already! It was there. I assumed you were able to read my text whereas I was still writing. I can't remember I edited it afterwards but, if so, only typing errors and the like. I avoid to add important parts afterwards now because I feel part of the readers would miss them, which I obviously don't wish.
I don't feel Townsend can be considered innocent in any case for he visibly enjoyed quoting (or inventing) S. Douglas' thoughts. Repeating wrong accusations doesn't make you innocent in the eyes of a court even today.
But stand by, you'll see. EVEN IF some French pilots really kept eating lunch under falling bombs it is very risky to draw such hateful conclusions. There can be hosts of explanations. Want an example? They had just landed and were quickly having lunch at last (often this was not simple) whereas their aircraft were being refuelled. See? Taking off without any petrol in the tanks nor ammunition would have been rather pointless. There are other possible explanations... But to me this whole story, which I consider highly suspicious and disgusting, was forged.
"Aviators' mathematics are not so simple" (Adolf Galland).

Last edited by Hawk-Eye; 1st April 2005 at 11:59. Reason: One typing error