View Single Post
Old 11th June 2017, 14:18

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: War Over The Steppes

Quote:
Mikhail Timin (I'm sure you have read his studies) told me that Kopets certainly shot himself before 17:30 22 June, most probably about 17:00.

Documents which you can see on OBD or Pamyat Naroda websites with dates 23.Jul or even 25.Jul were written after a long time and are incorrect.

Best regards,
Andrey
Thanks for this info Andrehy, but we have a big trobule with this case - Kopets. I can not agree with Mikhail, with whom I cooperate a few years ago and support him too in his reaserches (some my photos and some info too).

This is very strange and mystery case. In fact after 5 p.m. on 22.06.1941 I can agree that he was not in his command, he was replaced by gen. Tajurski, but I think, that this second date is correct not the first one.

If you accept the version of suicide (22.06.41) then this information should become known to the main party authorities (Ponomarienko and gen. Pawolow). Also, his wife should know about it soon. Unfortunately, but it did not. Ponamarienko (+ Pavlov) and his wife (Nina Pavlovna) were not entrusting this version with such an early suicide.

During the interrogation of Pavlov at the beginning of July 1941 nothing mentions abut this suicide, and it would be a comfortable argument for him to defence (he was shot 22.07.41).

In connection with the above I can not agree with this version M. Tymin - is contrary to the logic and memories of people close ties with gen. Kopets.

For me the date of 23.07.1941 is a day of death gen Kopets. If other evidence would surface (like NKVD's archive), I would change my opinion. So far nothing such has not yet surfaced.

regards,
mw