View Single Post
Old 30th July 2018, 12:51
Alter Hase

Teresa Maria is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: The dates of birth of some Japanes aces

Dear Nick,
Thank you very much for your compliment and for your good wishes. I'm glad that, as a native speaker, you evaluate my English so positively. Well, two years ago I passed the CPE exam with a grade A, and I keep improving my English, and my knowledge of other languages too. Some time ago, one of our TOCH friends, Michael, a German, wondered whether I was Austrian or German on the basis of my private messages in German. He was quite strongly convinced that I was Austrian and was surprised to learn that I was actually Polish.
I know that, as a linguist, I'm a very unusual TOCH member, and I don't always meet with acceptance. For example, some time ago a member mocked me, saying that knowing Hans Beisswenger's (as far as I remember) biography wouldn't help me in my work as a linguist. Certainly, as for my research, I must concentrate on my post-doc in linguistics, but my interest in fighter pilots is more of a hobby. They just fascinate me a lot.
Have a nice day!
Best regards,
Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hector View Post
Sincere best wishes with your teaching. You write very nice English at pretty much native fluency