Old 17th May 2019, 16:19

rof120 is on a distinguished road
Re: Galland’s victories on June 3, 1940 (Paris area) – A new element

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Baumgartner View Post
ROF 120,

Same topic AGAIN?

What's the new point now?

According to you Galland had 2 victories on the 3rd June...but what about his Abschüssmeldung(s) for that particular day?

Was he flying alone or with a Rottenflieger? What about this wingman saying or mission report?

What is your "reliable source"? Your interview with Galland? His Flugbuch do proves those 2 claims? Was it signed by his Gruppenkommandeur or Kommodore testifying it is ok?

Do show us more evidences please...Any of the French pilots survived? Did they written reports of their combats and identified what shot them down?

Am a bit confused here...are you trying to sell your book via this Fórum or your Blog (or the book you translated and added information on your Blog) ? It seems so...every time you points to your site or Blog, or book....seems a bit strange.

I mean it is amazing to share with others the work of years, very nice indeed...once...but on every thread I do not know.

Again I do sumarize up in just one phrase: what is really amazing in life is that…”you reap what you sow”.

Again: NO ONE here is competing to be the leading expert on LW, RAF, USAAF, Galland, J E Johnson or whatever other theme...

Adriano Silva Baumgartner, ASV 00.344
The new point? I explained this in the first post of this thread. Please read it at least once.

Abschuss (not Abschüss) -meldungen. In German handwriting they mostly (or always?) add a bent stroke above an ordinary u. It can look like an ü then but it's still an u (without Umlaut). I don't think that these documents survived the war - like most other ones.

Galland's wingman was captain von Ankum-Frank (G. forgot the "von"), as I clearly wrote in my first post (closed thread) "A Galland-mystery…", right now on page 3 here. It seems hat A-F (II./JG 27) didn't win any victory on this occasion. He was KIA (date unknown to me) having won 3 (found in the history ("Dokumentation") of JG 27 by Ring and Girbig, Motorbuch Verlag). Mission report etc.? You know better than that. Everybody knows that most documents were destroyed at the end of WW II according to a nazi order. Surviving documents are few and far between.

AB: "What is your "reliable source"?

- I will not disclose the identity of this source. Perhaps I'll be able to ask for permission to do so but I don't know when. The fact remains that this source really is extremely reliable. What proves this? My word and I'm not going to argue with anybody on this.

(…) His Flugbuch do proves those 2 claims?
- Never seen, as I already stated.

AB: Any of the French pilots survived?

- See my first post, today on page 3. French sergent Jost.

AB: Did they write reports of their combats and identify what shot them down?

- Again, you know better than that. It was very rare that the victims knew who or which aircraft had shot them down. In most cases they were either killed or wounded and they had other concerns, like baling out (in this case too), than carefully looking at the insignia and other markings on the enemy fighter. The more so when their victor had come from behind (the most frequent situation) and remained unseen by the victim. Possibly Galland's second Morane was the victim of a beam attack - in this case it was even more impossible to identify a particular aircraft showing itself from the front. In almost all air battles enemy pilots didn't care about markings etc.: they had other concerns.

Of course if they had known that Adriano Baumgartner would ask 79 years later they certainly would have obliged and carefully have made notices in their notebook and with their cameras shot several photographs of their victors before leaving their burning aircraft. Why didn't you, or your father, tell them? Now I'm asking the same kind of questions as you do.

AB: Am a bit confused here...are you trying to sell your book via this Fórum or your Blog (or the book you translated and added information on your Blog) ? It seems so...every time you points to your site or Blog, or book....seems a bit strange.

-What is strange here apart from you? I have nothing to sell even if asked nicely. Look better at all the other posts and threads. Innumerable guys here make publicity for their books (I don't mind at all, quite on the contrary) or ask for help or information for these books. In many instances some book-title is part of their signature at the bottom of each post. Same thing for blog-URLs. I found quite a few really useful. I consider it useful to many persons at TOCH that I give this URL where they can find innumerable informations, details and photographs on aviation in general, on Galland and other airmen, on various aircraft, on combat tactics etc. (some of the rubrics, or columns, have no connection to aviation). "EVEN" if all the texts are in French.

AB: Again: NO ONE here is competing to be the leading expert on LW, RAF, USAAF, Galland, J E Johnson or whatever other theme...

- Correct. I never even thought of "competing" in this way. I'm certainly not a leading expert on anything and I'm not trying to be.

Now I'm quite a bit tired of this…

Alles Gute.

Last edited by rof120; 17th May 2019 at 18:18.