View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2012, 05:52
Alter Hase

Johannes has a spectacular aura aboutJohannes has a spectacular aura about
Re: Oblt Hans Schmid and ZG52

Hi Graig

Many thanks for getting back to me on this one.

I have no way of checking the 1940 claims, and the earlier form typed out micro film per Staffel doesn't exist for 6./Njg3, however the type that has just a date and a time does exist, there were three claims on 29th April 1942, two slots have been filled, but one is free, that being a claim at 0228hrs, which I will attribute to schmid(seems that somebody else had also come to the same conclusion, but spell his name Schmidt) There was one claim for 6./Njg3 on 18th April 1942, again the slot is free, so i attribute this to Schmidt, which was at 0248hrs. There was no claims at all for 6./Njg3 on 28th March 1942, but one for 28th March 1942 at 2330hrs, however this has already been attributed to Wolfgang Jank! 6./Njg3 appears not to have claimed on 25th September 1942. If taken from Schmid's logbook, or an abschusse board, it could be that two were unconfirmed! As for the numbering, this could be based on false information, in fact is likely to be, or includes unconfirmed.

Regarding the DKiG records end Summer 1944, thereafter he must trust to the occasional pilots document, pilots hearsay or photographic evidence.

Surely Schmid had earn't his DKiG!

Many thank again for your help

Kind Regards

Johannes...........trying to find the truth!