View Single Post
Old 1st October 2013, 20:22
cazdennard

Nazi WW2 Photograph Album -14 Company, Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment Belgium/Northern France

Hello everybody,

I am new on this forum today but found you through trying to research a photograph album. Some very lovely people on a different forum have helped me identify that the album belongs was made in commemoration of the 3rd Christmas of the War for 14 Company, Luftgau Nachrichten Regiment Belgium/Northern France, and there is a presentation inscription at the front of the album signed by the commander to this effect.

However any research I am trying to do beyond this is coming up blank, or in German and not translating very sympathetically! I would love to know more about the this company, regiment, or anything at all really.

In general there are photographs of life in the service, Christmas and Birthday celebrations, rallies/speeches and also military funerals. I will attach some photographs to this post, they are really fascinating.

The album was 'requisitioned' when the war ended by a British soldier, and there are some slightly more personal photographs of what appears to be a rather young lad towards the back and I believe this was the original owner. His fate sadly is unknown.

I would be much appreciative of anybody's thoughts or insights into this album.

Thank you in advance.