View Single Post
Old 1st January 2020, 22:30

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Help saving Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 5

I am turning to all of you who pre-ordered or have read Black Cross/Red Star, Vol. 4. There is something that worries me about this book series.

I am now working full time on Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 5, and am making great progress. On 12 January, I am going to research the Bundesarchiv for a week for this book. If you are happy with Volume 4, I think you will find Volume 5 even better. There is so much really sensational material there. My plan is to have this volume published in the summer of this year, 2020.

As mentioned previously, this book series is, in fact, living from hand to mouth, and each subsequent volume is totally dependant on the success of the previous volume, and its crowdfunding.

My goal is to get just 125 crowdfunders to contribute at least USD $100 each for Volume 5 (plus postage). Then it can be published within a couple of months. And the crowdfunders will also have their names printed as an acknowledgment in the book.

I also need as many ordinary pre-orders as possible for USD 60 (plus postage) for a signed hardcover copy.

However, I am beginning to worry about Black Cross/Red Star, Vol. 5.

So far, I have no more than 33 pre-orders, including crowdfunders.

What is even more worrying is that sales of Volume 4 have more or less stopped. No more than nine (9) copies were sold world-wide the past month.

So Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 5 is in a desperate need of crowdfunders and more pre-orders.

In order to calculate whether a publication and continued priority work on that book are realistic, I would like to ask every one of you who considers making a pre-order or an offer for crowdfunding to do so now.

Please note:

YOU DON’T HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING NOW (BUT OF COURSE IT IS WELCOME IF YOU DO), BUT EVEN A PROMISE FOR A PREORDER OR A CROWDFUNDING WHERE YOU PAY LATER THIS YEAR WOULD HELP VERY MUCH.

(If it will be economically impossible to publish the Black Cross/Red Star series, I will of course re-pay those of you who have paid to my PayPal account; I haven't touched that account, all the money will remain there until I either use them to publish the book, or I return the money to the payers.)

Anyone who can find a new crowdfunder (someone who has not crowdfunded Vol. 4), willing to order a hardcover copy of Volume 5 at the crowdfunder price of at least USD$ 100, gets a 10 % discount off my price of USD$ 60 from me on that volume. Please ask any new crowdfunder (or anyone who wishes to order a signed hardcopy Volume 5 at my regular price of USD$ 60) to e-mail me at vaktelforlag@gmail.com. Please note: Only to vaktelforlag@gmail.com

Please also help me to spread the word!

All help and support with this will be received with the utmost gratitude.

You can read more about Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 5 here:

https://vaktelforlag.se/produkt/blac...ril-july-1943/

All the best & a Happy New Year!

Christer Bergström

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/