View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2007, 15:58

Dave Lefurgey is on a distinguished road
Re: WWII Clandestine Photo Reconnaissance

Update for those interested:
I've had a chance to go through the "Airforce" magazine article I wrote, in some detail and find that I was wrong. The editor's pen was hard at work, and I find a lot of information about other people who were involved has not been included in the story. It almost sounds as if Bob Niven did it all by himself. However, I'm still relatively pleased with the article. If anyone hasn't been able to obtain a copy of the magazine article and would like one, please e-mail me. I've scanned the story and can send it as an attachment.
If I don't reply right away or there is a delay, then don't worry. If I get your e-mail, I will get back to you. We've just sold our house and have spent the last few months preparing and selling our house. We're moving out July 19th and into our new home in the nearby town of High River on July 31st, so I'll be off the internet for a while. Will check the computer in our public library from time to time until we are moved into our new home and up and running with the internet.
One of the interesting responses I received as a result of the magazine article, came from Scotland. It seems that a man named Rennie had a friend in Canada send him a copy of the magazine and he e-mailed me. He stated that his next door neighbour was a former PRU photographer and they were both quite pleased to read the story I wrote. It seems the neighbour, who is Jim Muncie, told him that Bob Niven was his Commanding Officer in the PRU and that he has many Bob Niven and Sydney Cotton stories, as well as many photos. We've established contact and he is interviewing Mr. Muncie for me and taping it. I would love to go over there to visit him, but I don't think I'll be able to just yet.
Take care all, Dave