View Single Post
Old 16th September 2010, 15:29

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mayor Sergey Ivanovich Gritsevets in China?

Hi, thanks for fast responce

Working on his biography, I have met in several sources quite strange information, that he was in China, but I can not confirm this in some of his Russian biographies. So it is ofcourse a wrong data.

Polak's book is quite old. I think, that some writers simple mentioned him in one raw like Kravchenko (he was in fact in China and in Chalchyn-Gol, and over Poland in IX 39 to like Gritzeviest).
They both had returedn from Chachyn-ol on 12.09.1939 came to Moscow to met first with Voloshylov on special dinner (Central Building/ of Red Army) and leater, the same day, they both + others had met with J.W. Stalin on Kreml.
Next day both had departed on Wester border to take command of the fighter units. Gritzeviets was nominated to take command of 58. Fighter Air Brigade (he took it) and during duites he was KIFA on own Bolbasovo airfiled about 19.50 at 16.09.39. He flow, If I am right, on I-15bis and major Petr Chara, pilot who rolled on Gritsevits plane, was in I-16.

This informatin supported by Andriej (thanks) are correct, if concern his carrer before Spain combat tour.
In Spain (on speckomandirovku) he was since 10.06.38 up to 28.10.1938, but the last combats he fought was on 4.10.38, he claimed 1 Me 109, next day he had done a flight, but without combat.

Regards,
mw