View Single Post
Old 12th April 2016, 17:18
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Werner Baumbach ship destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig Jarlevik View Post
He, he Larry

And those of us who have your four books, can we pursuade you to write a fifth about the recce units??

Cheers
Stig
It's all written, Stig. I completed the research and finished the manuscript about 4 years ago. I am still trying to decide whether to make a book out of it or put it up on the internet. I don't think any publisher would touch it because only about 2% to 4% of the Luftwaffe fans have any interest in the reconnaissance units, and the cost of self-publishing and marketing say 1,000 copies could run to $25,000 to $30,000. But most importantly, there would be no photos or other illustrations and I am now too old to go through the considerable, stressful and time-consuming work of proofreading, editing and publishing more books. The procurement of say 250 photos could well cost twice that amount and take several years to accomplish. Frankly, publishing a book all by oneself is a gigantic pain right in the butt unless you are affluent, relatively young and have the time to devote to it. But, yes, it would be great to have a series of books that cover the basics and essentials for all Luftwaffe units, both fliegende- und Boden-, big and small.

L.