View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2005, 14:46

cbe2009
Re: Night attack on London April 19. 1940

Hi Steve!

The reason for my interest in this, and numerous other german airmen is, that I have collected LW items for many many years now.
In the reason years I have found it more interesting to study LW rather than the items. An example: I have some Iron crosses with the documents. In the beginning, The EK I or II looked nice on the wall and the documents were put in the draw. Now it is the other way around and I have sold some of the medals and badges and bought books instead.
I started out with interests in the LW Knight Cross winners and collected material on their aeroplanes, autographs etc. etc.
Then I found out about something called "Death cards" (Sterbebilder) and to find out about a man and his last mission is a very interesting thing to research. To have the airmans picture, which often are on the card, gives me a feeling to dig a little deeper in the history.
Sometimes I have the luck to find a picture of the wreck and even his grave, but it is a long process.
I have had some beautiful help on this board and it gives me great pleasure, if I am able to help other with topics to "pay back".
Often I do not post threads, because I am afraid, that other members will be tired of my constant asking.
About Haselsteiner I am afraid, You have had all the informations which are on this card, but the picture of him is very nice. He is wearing his flying suit.
There You have it.
If there is anything, I can assist You with, do not hesitate to let me know.
All the best
Christian