View Single Post
Old 13th September 2010, 20:31

Many Souffan is on a distinguished road
Re: New book 'Fury', by Arnaud Gillet

Hello.

1/ I would like to thank some members for their support with their emails after the print out of my article.

2/ I would like to say a special thank for Peter Cornwell and his kind words, you are a gallant, man. For me there is no higher man than the man who has accepted that he did or took a wrong way. Nobody is perfect, me first. 1000 thanks again Mister Cornwell.

3/Please, I am not happy or satisfied for myself, I don’t care, but I like this idea, that I have contributed, a little, naturally, to advance to the truth, to the justice, and to give a little light and respect for all men (of all nationalities) of this event already lost in the limbs of History.

4/ I would like to say to Mister Gillet that my article is not an attack against you, as person or as historian but against the facts you have advanced, without a little conditional, without humility, Without the distance to put between the author you are and the History. I never understood why in all of your books you have 3 of 4 portraits of you. your subject must hide the author you are, if you want a little objectivity…

5/ I tried to write my point of view, because you didn’t want to hear my point of view in this forum. I have always spoken with you with the spirit of the medieval dispute or controversy always with the respect of your person. I did also this article because other members wanted to know my point of view.

6/ You can’t imagine mister Gillet how it can be hurtful to read all your attacks against me, that I am a lier, or a shameful person. I am a serious searcher.
It is unforgivable to speak about a civil (civilian) when we know together “the civil” is Jean-Yves Lorant one of the most serious French historian.
I am very disappointed when I read you in your last book that some diaries of French unit are false, simply because they don’t go to your conclusion

7/ It is a big consternation for me, when I compare your 2 versions. In the first version in the first part of your work about the French victories of Battle of France, you have written the Friendly fire concerned 4 Battle. In the last version (in the Furie), it concerned 3 Battle and a French twin bomber Léo 451, why this change? Because I gave an info in this thread, saying the 2 Germans of the third Hs bailed out, and in the same aera 2 French of the 4 of Leo 451 bailed out also. It was so simple.

8/ Please Mister Gillet don’t say there is nothing new in my article. I am sorry But I am very proud of my article, and I repeat I never attacked you. All my life I tried to be honest, respectful and a gentleman.

9/ Please Mister Gillet, when you ask some help in this forum don’t say: I want! It will be better to say: It is possible to have a help?
Another thing when in this forum, you show some pieces of a French aircraft, if someone tell you, it is not a Bloch with a proof, believe him. And I hope to say you in some months, where is buried Cne Coiral of GC II/1…

10/ Even if you look for since 20 years (that I can’t believe, sorry), go on to look for but at the right place. As I have written, it is always to the Wast, but I repeat not from Luftwaffe, but from Heer. Naturally it exit’s a list made by a searcher( not Luftwaffe list). But not only this. You must look for by unit which the Hs126 unit were attached. It is not easy I confess

11/ When there are some doubts in a couple between a woman and a man, the couple can’t go on. It is the same thing between a reader and a book. If the reader doesn’t believe or think there are some mistakes. The reader stop the reading. Since your first book (Betheneville) to the last I found too mistakes because you didn’t find materials and materials exist if you look for well. Your work is surely a good work, and it has the merit to be the first, and because it is the first we can accept some errors, but too mistakes kill your work. I am sorry.

11/ I would like to help you for the second part of the British victories during the battle of France. The 26 may F/O “Cobber” Kain claimed a Hs 126, you will not find in the very good book of Peter Cornwell any info, but it is a Hs 126B of 2.(H)/12 attached to VI AK, which forced landed, with 65% damage in the sector south of Bouillon, no problem for the crew.

To finish, I wish you good researches for the Future mister Gillet.

For all, I am happy to belong to this community.

(33) 661 406 013

many.souffan@gmail.com