View Single Post
Old 20th July 2005, 00:54

Adam
Re: NEW BOOK - LUFTWAFFE & THE WAR AT SEA

John,

Are you right there? The reason I identified myself as having qualifications was in response to the initial comment by Jukka where he stated: "It seems that mr. Antonīs primary concern in his continued critiques is not the content but who did it. Any author not having his beloved academic degree is a fraud, liar and incompetent" so please don't get too snitchy. I couldn't agree more with you that it doesn't matter what your level of education is. The point I was making was that as such, under the guise of Jukka's assesment on Rabe's beliefs, I was entitled to enter the debate on a "qualified" level. I would even argue that anyone with publishing experience is "qualified", but then what do I know?

As for the comment on poxy modern authors, it was not levelled at anyone in particular, rather it was meant to highlight, as it was linked to a specific quote by Rabe, people who deem it necessary to over intellectualize - which is why this whole thread exists! I could not agree more that there are more things in life than scholarly bitching, (which begs the question, why not let sleeping dogs lie, John?)

If you took offence at the comment about poxy modern authors then I apologise. It was not meant to single out anyone specific. Merely illustrate points under the guidlines of "qualified historians" (refer above). Would you have preferred had I not identified my qualifications and joined the thread in defence of the works in question on a less intellectual basis?

Adam