View Single Post
Old 16th November 2013, 13:06

Skyraider3D is on a distinguished road
Re: Junkers Ju 88 A-4 and C-6 in 3D

Ed, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. This crash site is well documented so there is little doubt it shows Tober's 4R+AS. The time of year and location matches with what's documented (rural village in east of Holland in winter).

I received a better version of the scan with the flame damper and it seems to be AS ??, not the full aircraft code I thought it was and how I've currently represented it. There exists a Flugzeug drawing on the Ju 88, showing a C-6 with 4R+AS on the fuselage and a code on the flame damper but the scan I have of this is too small to make out what it says. Maybe someone has this drawing and can confirm what's written on that flame damper.

Dirt triangle? Is this a dirt triangle too (colour photo below)? I honestly don't know what you are talking about, but there is no doubt on my mind that Tober's aircraft was coded "AS".

I'm not claiming my model is perfect, I know for a fact it isn't (for example I need to rework the armoured windshield as the proportions are off, plus it still lacks curtains). But I find it difficult to understand what your point is exactly, other than casting doubt on various features of this aircraft?

Last edited by Skyraider3D; 17th November 2013 at 17:20.