View Single Post
Old 7th July 2020, 18:15
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road
Re: Werner Mölders:25/05/40

Chris and all,

A real pitty for Historians that the Grand summary is not included...guess he had no time for that while in combat, etc...Onto the "Horrido!" mentioned book it is said that his FB is very very precise and his handwritting do reflect his personality.

Thank you so much for kind attention and detail Chris. We are not on the frontline but retreated to a second line of "defence", but sujected to the fire....though safe! Kid is already flying IL-2 (at 4) and do know by images Spits, Me 109, Fw 190 and all the rest...If his choose the Air as Profession he will be well supported I guess. It will be soon 1 year that we went to France...guess we went and did that Homage in due time....this year it would be impossible....Lost my uncle to COVID (who inspired me to write about WW2 and WW1 and Pilots), but as the French says "c'est la vie".

Maybe one day we will have in those South Lands a Policitian with only 1% of the Caliber of Winston Spencer Churchill...then things will gonna be a little better...

Regarding Mölders, I still believe that his grand total may be (at the beginning of WW2) around 1,000-2,000 flying hours...considering 2 years instructing and War in Spain.

KEEP SAFE and the marvellous work (books). Semper Fi.

Adriano