View Single Post
Old 20th October 2013, 00:17
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Seeing photos/info on 3.(F)/11 Do17P that FL & Burned on 11.01.40 near the French-German border

Hello,

For EoE Color Profiling purposes, I'm trying to acquire photos of a FL and burned out Do17P-1 from 3.(F)/11 that force-landed and burned on 11.01.40, during the Phoney War. This was a victory attributed to Lt Edmond Marin La Meslé.

In our EoE Luft loss DB, we carry this as:

3.(F)/11 Dornier Do17P-1. Engaged by Lt Edmund. Marin La Meslée and S/Lt J. Rey of GC I/5 during reconnaissance sortie over Verdun and shot down at Haucourt-la-Rigole, near Spincourt, 9.45 a.m. (Beo) Oberfw Hugo Erlbeck, (Bf) Uffz Heinrich Linsmayer, and (Ff) Uffz Johannes Sticht all captured. Aircraft 100% write-off.

This a/c appears to have a three-digit number (part of the W.Nr.) on the forward fuselage, and should carry the code 6M+_L. There are two photos that I know of showing the aircraft burning out on the ground, but I suspect that there are others that show details of its markings and insignia. A head on view published in Avions Hors Serie No25: "Les As Francais de 1939-40," P23, shows a different a/c, and attributes the loss to 2.(F)/22.

Does anyone have photos/information that confirms the unit of this a/c, shows the a/c codes, and shows the SN on the forward fuselage?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Larry Hickey
EoE Project Coordinator

Last edited by Larry Hickey; 20th October 2013 at 09:24.