Thread: Rolf Ebhardt
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2014, 11:32

paul6553 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rolf Ebhardt

Hi David,

Very sad to hear that Rolf has passed away,as I mentioned I met him with regard to his last kill. I traced him on the internet and two weeks later met him at the Aces High Gallery. I arrived as the event was finishing and thought I had missed my chance to meet to talk with him, but he insisted that I came to dinner with him. We sat and talked for over two hours, and he seemed amazed that I had such an interest in his time during the war, sadly his own children had no interest presumably the whole stigma of the war meant that they saw it as something to be ashamed of.

The lasting regret is I had contact two years ago when he was due over here again but I was unable to go, I would have loved to have recorded the conversation.

Hopefully his flying Log and the pictures he had have found a good home and not been lost forever to the bin, he really was a nice man and glad to say I met him.

If you find anymore details about where he is laid to rest please let me know, if ever I'm in Germany I would like to pay my respect.

Paul