View Single Post
Old 19th November 2018, 12:01

schwarze-man is on a distinguished road
Re: Mercedes-Benz DB605 Late War Documentation

Many thanks for those replies Snautzer. Yes, the A.I.2(g) report page is the preamble of a brief description of German engine developments taken in Germany after the war. The information recorded in the rest of the report is interesting but, superficial and incomplete. I think that much of the information in that report has been the basis of many modern writings about the subjects. It is barely a technical document, only in the way that a sales brochure would tell you how to build the engine.
The two "Data sheets" 605ASB/ASC are interesting, in that they are part of large series that crop-up in various sources. They do include some details that are generally useful but, they also contain many mistakes of omission or simply incorrect information. I am unsure where the data sheets were originally compiled? Certainly, some of them do include some correct details that have come from the technical manuals and documents that I would like to trace.
Again, thanks for posting those, there are many similar and much more detailed documents on the web site of the Kurfurst forum. There is a great amount of genuine and important data within his 109 site. However, all the documentation that he has so generously posted for everyone's access does not include the technical documents that I am seeking to uncover.
Many thanks!

SM

Last edited by schwarze-man; 19th November 2018 at 13:21. Reason: Grammar