View Single Post
Old 18th July 2018, 01:21
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road
Re: eBAy: Captured german planes

Please dear friends.

I have complaint. Your / eBay listings here / are causing us who collect them pay more, and fight each others - and I have recieved complaints about that from three other collectors - and IDs from here have been used used "as excuse" to raise start-prices. Seriously.

Most/many of your listings are also not all that intresting, also many are well known, like Ju 88 PI+SX abowe, his brothers and sisters, have been mentioned or posted on many times, and not worthy of further discussion. These are wrecks and have no further history but scrapping. Period.

I urge you to show some restraint, as I find this eBay posting on TOCH! is becoming kind of advertizing board, and raising prises on us. Recent confirmation is where a poster asked for info, and seller of next picture in lot raised price dramatically. Then marked is skewed, and those not knowing or visiting this board are at a disadvantage.

I urge you to show great restraint in posting, please ask your friends or experts by normal email if item really is historical, questionable or even worthy of posting. And writing designation wrongly is ... lousy. Laziness.

I ask because nearly everybody with age 9 knowledge of German and Google fu can do it themselvs. Here is how to do it. You do not need to register. Looking is free (pay internet provider for certain amount of data?, use eBay as fillup on unused bytes).

Samples: https://www.ebay.de/ https://www.ebay.com/

German words worthy of search are "Flugzeug" & "Foto" etc. Make your own list of words, pin it to board next to computer and start searching. Its eazy and fun. New itemīs every week. I rarely miss a interesting item.

Then using words like "Heinkel", "Dornier", and you will see many items that seller do not even care of listing their by correct subject. Looking for "Junkers", you also need check "Heinkel", "Dornier" etc.

Ed

Last edited by edNorth; 18th July 2018 at 03:17.