View Single Post
Old 7th July 2008, 11:20
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Top Ten Aces of the Military Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post
Take it from me, MANY rightwingers/conservatives(Myself included-mostly) feel that political correctness is an ongoing political effort to 'devalue' & demonize the historical achievements of white males...
Since "conservative white males" wield the overwhelming mass of economic and political power in the world (and have throughout my white male lifetime) it's amazing how they are apparently so put upon by those cruel political correctness people - insofar as such exist outside the editorial imagination of the "Daily Mail" that is (UK-only cultural reference there).

I would suggest that the quality and content of modern multi-channel TV is not unrelated to the operation of a deregulated, competitive and globalised market. Perhaps "conservative white males" were at the forefront of opposition to so-called "free markets" but I missed it?

Returning to the original topic, the era of air-to-air combat may be all but over and so it is perhaps interesting to consider who might have contributed to development of its techniques and/or been a successful exponent. None of those people win wars on their own though, they are just at the end of a whole system of training, production, national policy etc.