Thread: Walther Dahl
View Single Post
Old 18th September 2018, 17:25

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough
Re: Walther Dahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
Most probably truth is in-between, Dahl was a bit "liar" like the other aces, maybe a bit more than some others, in-between his 133 victories nd the only plane flown by him , a Storch, even at some special period !!!
He didn't received the RK for nil
What deserve a lot Dahl, are his activities after the war, I met him in Munich at a moment where he spent all his time on bed, wrote some kind words on my copy of his book...
About sites like the Cze one, at least they made first compilation available to everybody, not everybody can spent a whole live to search for one soldier career or an unique unit , a handful , for thousand of aces.

Rémi
I definitely acknowledge your point here on luftwaffe.cz, Rémi. You will see my name in the acknowledgements on the home page of that site. At the time it was compiled it was indeed ground-breaking in some ways.

Yet I am perfectly prepared to own the fact that the site is is very much out of date and has been so for a long time now