View Single Post
Old 18th January 2019, 19:11
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Using Ultra to research the Luftwaffe

Thank you Steve, Nick and Bruce! You answered my question. I think there is definitely some material in the "R" reports that would be both interesting and useful, but sometimes we just have to step back, sigh, and say that now old and very shop-worn cliché, "it's just a bridge too far." My archive-crawling days are over and were 15 years ago.

BTW, I am almost certain that there is mention of the "R" reports in these and the dozens of other books on the subject as well as in the hundreds of articles published in Cryptologia, International Journal of Intelligence and Counterintelligence, Intelligence and National Security, and other scholarly journals.

Bennett, Ralph. ULTRA in the West: The Normandy Campaign 1944-45. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1979.
Bennett, Ralph. ULTRA and Mediterranean Strategy. New York: William Morrow and Co., 1989.
Hinsley, F.H. et al. British Intelligence in the Second World War. 4 vols. London: HMSO, c.1984-88.
Lewin, Ronald. ULTRA Goes to War: The First Account of World War II’s Greatest Secret Based on Official Documents. New York: Pocket Books, 1980.
Parrish, Thomas. The ULTRA Americans: The U.S. Role in Breaking the Nazi Codes. New York: Stein and Day, 1986.
Sebag-Montefiore, Hugh. Enigma: The Battle for the Code. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
Welchman, Gordon. The Hut Six Story: Breaking the Enigma Codes. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1982.

L.