View Single Post
Old 24th August 2019, 13:14
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough
Re: Bf 109G-6 WNr. 164 979

Highly interesting Matti

Never seen a Finnish "record/overhaul" card before.
May I ask some questions?

First column is obviously the unit from where the aircraft originates, but I cannot read the top line and don't understand the digits 8401. The second line seems to indicate Lentorykmentti 2 (2nd Aviation Regiment) but what does 8521 mean?
Third line Le.V should that be interpreted solely as Lentolaivue (which normally was shortened LeLv) or something else?
Next line, what was LVL (or is it ZVL or 2VL)?

Why is there two columns with dates? I interpret the first date as arrival date and the second one as book keeping date. Since the dates are the same on this card, was it usual/unusual that the two dates differed?
Also why is there no date when the aircraft leaves its overhaul, except on one probable occasion?
I am also puzzled by the airframe (engine?) times listed. It has 121H 55M on 3.11.1948 and exactly the same number eight days later when it returns. Was the aircraft roaded in/out?
Since the engine seems to be pretty bad at this stage it only flies roughly 5H before it is back inside again, appx six months later, now with 126H 20M and what seems to be an engine change, costing 710643 marka, which was finished on 13.8.1949.

Finally I am interesting in the remarks column where there is quite a lot of stuff in 1953 (According to Keskinen/Stenman the aircraft was broken when landing 27.7.1951)

Cheers
Stig