View Single Post
Old 21st October 2005, 13:20
Alter Hase

Brian is on a distinguished road
Re: Friendly fire WWII

Hi guys - I hope I am not pushing my luck or monopolising the forum, but I have some more friendly fire queries:

10 May 1941: Sqn Ldr Meagher of 41 Squadron claimed a twin-engined aircraft he believed was a Ju88 shot down off Whitby at 0015, but then thought it may have been a Blenheim. I can't find any Blenheim or Ju88 losses that fit the bill. Any ideas?

6-7 August 1941: Apparently Beaufighter R2157 shot down by another Beaufighter. Any info on either?

23 April 1942: Two Polish Spitfire pilots attacked a RAF clandestine He115 in error. Who were they?

15 September 1942: During Operation PQ18 convoy to Russia, three Sea Hurricanes from HMS Avenger were shot down by their own ships' gunfire. All three pilots baled out and were rescued but who were they? One was a Lieutenant as I have a photo of him being pulled aboard the rescue vessel. Any ideas?

9 August 1943: B-26 41-31634 of 386thBG shot down by a Spitfire. What was the fate of the crew? Who were they? And who was the Spitfire pilot?

I have many more queries but will save these for next time!! Many thanks in advance to anyone who cares to help.

Cheers
Brian