View Single Post
Old 4th March 2011, 11:26

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Polish pilots 1 September 1939

Most answers, almost 100%, for this quetion you may find in very deep reserach done 6 years ago by M. Emmerling, "Brygada Pościgowa kontra Luftwaffe" in 2005, in Militaria XX wieku.

Polish P.11s had destroyed (100 % damage) according his research 2 Me 109Ds (1. + 2./ JG 21). Polish victors were were from 113. Eskadra Mysliwska (Radomski and Borowski) from Brygada Pościgowa of course.

Total losses were 6 Me 109 D (100% losses), but only 2 due to the combat (it is sure), rest by the lack of fuel and lost orientation or could be also by some, small damages sustained during the combat.

I have not seen yet something better resarched about this topic.

Marek Murawski had done his nice material about "Bf 109 C/D w kampanii wrzesniowej 1939 roku" in 2009 by Kagero, and there are some new data to Emmerling story, he also use Emmerling's researach too.

Regards,
Mirosław Wawrzyński

PS

Color of one of this Me 109 D, which was involved in this combat and later landed in Lithuania plus story about capture the other two by Polses you may find in my and Jacek Jackiewcz Publication "Captured Me 109s", from 2007: yellow 8 W.Nr 2436 of 3./JG 21. Behrens's plane (he was from 1./JG 21, POW) was captured intact by soldiers of I Platoon of 13. Observation Flight, near Lomża.