View Single Post
Old 3rd April 2005, 20:06
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
Re: Fighter pilots' guts

As I expected you miss the the point and choose to ignore the main issue.

A quick glance shows the usual land fill of interesting, but to my question irrelevant information, flooding the reader with information, but giving no real answer.

Why no answer, because I never attacked French Fighter pilots, simple.

You choose to ignore Sholto Douglas, and even explain why you do so, but you miss the point. You are Yves Michelet, post war frenchman, he was AVM Sholto Douglas RAF, contemporary witness, his writings deserve better attention, even if you disagree. Until you can proof the annecdote to be false, your writing is just opinion, that's all.

And I must consider you to be a serious historian - ignoring first hand information because it doesn't conform to your views (note, I am not even discussing if the data is right or wrong)?

Personally I do believe the french fought hard (on average) and deserve more credit for the 1940 campaign. The irony is that I have left my own opinion (favorable to the French) out of the debate.

IMHO you have failed to act as an historian, that is a personal opinion and not a personal attack. Personally I think that you are quite a nice fellow as long as the subject isn't the French AF in 1940-41.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;

Last edited by Ruy Horta; 4th April 2005 at 12:25. Reason: Change of Heart