View Single Post
Old 15th May 2005, 13:04

Jens
Re: Credibility of Krivosheev? Rather low, :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirek Wawrzynski
What is for me "shocking" in both books are political manipulation of statictic provided by Russians/Soviets historians. Both book do not have credible datas.
When you check the tables about the Soviet tanks in June 1941 you will get to know that Soviets had about 22.600 tanks in the Red Army.
Other Russian sources edited also in the last years given highr fighyres (I think about Kolomyjetz and his series Frontovaja Ilustratzya) in his series he can specifiy tanks according the types and their serviceability - he put the total figure of Soviet tank force on about 26.000 on June 1941. -all category of tanks.
The sem you will have when you check the amount of Soviet planes in June 1941.
Krivosheev simply uderestimate own forces and overestimate enemy power (no matter tanks, planes ect).
So what are Kolomyjetz sources and why he must be right and Kriwoshejiew wrong?
I don't get, why some people believes, that soviet losses were even much higher? The figures in Kriwoshejiew are very high, especially at the airplane figures. No other Airforce in World War 2 had such high losses (excluding maybe Germany). Take i.e. 1943 where soviet losses in Kriwoshejiew are very high, more death soldiers and combat lost airplanes than in 1942!