View Single Post
Old 9th March 2005, 01:17

Christer Bergström is on a distinguished road
Let’s have another discussion on the discussions

Ah, let’s have another discussion on the discussions 8)

. . . although I won’t place it in the Luftwaffe & Axis board, but rather here on the Off-topic board, where all those discussions on the discussions belong. 8)

Ain’t there some heavily biased efforts going on in the “Tunisia thread” in the Luftwaffe & Axis board to twist things a bit to the favour of the Allies? 8)

On one hand, we want to have very few Luftwaffe sorties (due to what we think was a bad fuel shortage) so that we can explain that as the reason to the low losses among the Stukas and ground-attack units - anything but an admittance that the Allied fighters failed in their task to protect their ground troops. :P

On the other hand, we want to say that there were very many Axis aircraft in the air so that we can explain that the reason to the big successes among the Luftwaffe fighters was that they were numerically superior. :P :P

I understand. The reason why the Allies managed to shoot down so few Luftwaffe planes in Tunisia in January 1943 was that there were too few Luftwaffe planes around, and the reason why the Luftwaffe managed to shoot down so many Allied planes in January 1943 was that there were too many Luftwaffe planes around. That makes perfectly sense! :P :P :P

And now the Airacobra suddenly isn't such a good fighter plane any longer - another reason to Allied difficulties in Tunisia! :P :P :P :P

What next? The Allies always had the sun in their eyes? - Oops, wrong smiley, I of course mean, in the context, this one: 8)

Christer Bergström

http://www.bergstrombooks.elknet.pl/