View Single Post
Old 27th February 2017, 15:25
Alter Hase

Andreas Brekken is on a distinguished road
Re: Did KG 26 hit the cruiser Molotov in 1942?

Hello, all

Andrey - I guess you are referring to the Flugzeugbestand und Bewegungsmeldung when you mention two losses in August 1942 durch Feindeinwirkung.

With regards to this, it is correct that the 4.(F)/122 did not 'loose' any further aircraft in August 1942 - but the term Abgang is not necessarily defined as total loss. It indicates that the aircraft is taken off the operational strength of the unit due to damage they can not repair themselves at their base of operations.

In August 1942, the 4.(F)/122 reported three incidents, on August 16th, 23rd and 29th respectively. 2 due to enemy inflicted damage - and one without enemy inflicted damage.

Only the incident on August 23rd resulted in a total loss, and in my opinion the other enemy inflicted damage is related to the crash landing at Odessa on August 29th - even if the damage was relatively small in percentage.

Regards,
Andreas B

Last edited by Andreas Brekken; 27th February 2017 at 15:26. Reason: Spelling