View Single Post
Old 27th August 2017, 00:40

Dornier335nut is on a distinguished road
Re: Dornier Do 335 info sought

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearoutwest View Post
Hi Nicholas,

Do you have the 2006-Edition of the Smith & Creek Dornier 335 book?

pp162-163 show a diagram in plan and sectional elevation of the fore-and-aft camera installation in the bomb-bay. It is labelled as the Dornier Do 335 M13 aircraft. There are (incorporated as part of the same 2-page spread) details of the Do 335 A-series main and nose-gear undercarriage arrangement.

pp81 shows a photo of the individual camera installation. Though it's taken from underneath the aircraft and there is insufficient view of the aircraft to give a sense of size or relation of the camera to the installation supports on the aircraft.

If the updated edition of the book is on the way, perhaps there will be more details, photos, drawing available.

Regrds,
...geoff

Hi Geoff,

Yes I do have that book and yes I've seen those drawings and photos. I'm trying to find if the ports for the cameras protruded through the bay doors a little or were flush. I'm guessing flush and that's what I'm going to do with my model parts. As for the landing gear doors, I'm looking for the detail on the inside of the doors themselves. The ones that are attached to the landing gear struts that are mounted on the V3. I found detail drawings for the V1 but I haven't started a conversion yet for that version of the 335.

Thanks.

N.