Thread: Photo Nieuport
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2020, 13:09
Alter Hase

musec04 is on a distinguished road
Re: Photo Nieuport

Hello,

First of all thank you Jean for your replies. Ifound your information useful and have added the details to my spreadsheet.

Stig. You are of course correct about the uncertainty factor in aircraft identification.Taken to its logical conclusion I suspect that the only time we can be certain of a unit id/serial tie up is when an aircraft is known for a fact to have served in only one unit or when an aircraft has been shot down and the operator is known.

However, while I sometimes qualify my identifications of units with possibly or probably or some other qualifier on other occasions I am happy to accept the text on the back of photos, its just a case of judgement based on individual cases/sellers. Writing according to the seller, possibly or probably in every case apears long winded and is not something I will be doing unless I'm doubtful of the sellers information.At the end of the day anyone reading a thread is going to have to make their own judgement just as I do,as you do as everyone must for themselves.

Regards,

Clint