View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2008, 19:01

Erik Mombeeck is on a distinguished road
Re: A new JG 26 Chronicle?

Hi,

Thanks a lot for these interesting reactions! They really help to have a better view of the situation.
Of course shipping is one of the worse points: here it is getting harder and harder to find a company with acceptable price to send parcels. And to Australia, it becomes un-payable.

Franek, what is your solution?

Thanks Stig, you are right to publish the same book in different languages is certainly not a good thing. Nevertheless my experience with JG 2 in French has confirmed me that only a few English-spoken are ready to buy a French book. As far as I know there must be only max. 10 copies of JG 2 in the English spoken world. You’re among them Jim and Del.
Your idea to vote is great. Would you accept Ruy? The question could be : “Who would purchase a copy of JG 2 vol. 1 in English?"
Knowing that this book is covering the years 1934 – 1940, thus the rebirth of the Jagdwaffe, creation of JG 2 until the end of the Battle of Britain”. 300 pages, + 400 photos (most of them unpublished before), many first-hand accounts, colour art-work, losses and claims tables…
Of course that would not give a definitive idea on the figure (maybe some "jokers" would vote several times), but this would maybe interest many of us.

A book in Pdf ? That is an idea, but I think that we all like to have something in the hands else that a computer.

I’ll take my decision in April and let you know. In all cases, the vol. 1 is already translated by Neil.

Best regards

Erik