View Single Post
Old 17th September 2010, 11:34

Jochen Prien is on a distinguished road
Jagdfliegerverbände 11/I now out in October

Gentlemen,

after the usual and seemingly inevitable problems and delays I have now been informed by struve druck that Volume 11/I of our JFV-series will finally be out on October 6th, 2010.

Volume 11 will deal with operations of the fighter units in the Mediterrannean ToW in 1943, Part 1 covering the general informations on the events that took place there in 1943 including some maps, the types of fighter a/c introduced there in 1943 by the Luftwaffe etc.

The units dealt with are II./JG 2, IV./JG 3, I./JG 4, I./JG 5, Stab, II., III. and IV./JG 27, II./JG 51, Stab and I./JG 53.

Volume 11/I will have 483 pages with some 380 photos plus the usual line drawings, tables etc.

Volume 11/II will complete this chapter covering II. and III./JG 53, Stab, I. II. and III./JG 77 and the operations over Rumania with I./JG 4, I./JG 5 and III./JG 77 including 10./JG 301. This part is almost ready to go to the printer and is scheduled to be there by the end of this year / early 2011.

I have to apologize for the delay and hope that the results will compensate for the waiting.

Regards

Jochen Prien